21/9/20– Reminders for the week.
PE Monday and ThursdayForest school Tuesday (come in dressed for forest school but bring a change of clothes in case we get dirty).Spelling test Wednesday.
This Weeks Learning:
- In English this week we are going to be watching a fantastic video about a group of meerkats who show immense bravery and team work to overthrow a vulture. We will be sequencing and writing a story for the video.
- In maths we will be cementing our number knowledge by counting out within 20 and saying one more/one less.
- In topic we will be learning about the concept of the past. We will be introduced to the topic of the Second World War by looking at artefacts from the era and comparing them to see how things have changed.
- Science will be developing on last weeks learning about animals’ special places that we now know are called habitats.
- We will be doing lots of well-being activities such as music, story time and independent learning throughout the week as we continue to adjust to our new surroundings.
- In PE we will be continuing with netball, learning more throwing and catching skills.
We have grouped the children into appropriate phonics groups so will be streaming our Read Write Inc phonics scheme. Please continue to support with reading and phonics from home.