Churchill Class: This week’s learning
19.04.21: Reminders for the week ahead
- Churchill Class can now arrive at school between 08:45 and 09:00, through the main office door. Churchill Class will also leave school, through the main office door, at 15:20.
- Our topic is “Rivers and Mountains”. This term, we will specifically focus on rivers.
- To school, please can Churchill Class wear
- School uniform: Mondays and Tuesdays
- Forest school clothes: Wednesdays
- PE KIT: Thursdays and Fridays
- We will complete ‘Mile a Day’ every day, so please make sure children have a pair of trainers available, in school, on non-PE days too.
- Please note, that our forest school lessons will take the place of our computing and art lessons this term.
This week’s learning
In maths, we will be calculating percentages of amounts; understanding and using proportions; using ratios; and using scale factors on 2D shapes.
In GPS, we will learn to confidently identify the passive and active verb form. Our spelling focus this week is, homophones and other words that are often confused.
In English, we will read Holes, chapter 28 -29 and answer comprehension questions based upon these chapters. We will then write a newspaper report based upon events in these chapters.
In topic, we will have our first lesson linked to our new topic “Rivers and Mountains”. This week, we will learn about how rivers are formed.
In RE, we are learning to understand the term “commitment”. We will sort situations into those that do/do not require commitment; explain what it means to make a commitment; list reasons commitment might be difficult; share examples of how we show commitment in our lives; and decide on three key ingredients needed for commitment.
In PSHE, we will be considering and sharing what we already understand about the term “healthy eating.”
In science, we will begin learning about the skeleton.
In PE, with Mr Digby, we will be developing our tennis skills.