Churchill Class: This week’s learning
Reminders for the week ahead
PE on Tuesday and Friday. Children may wear their school PE kit to school
Please would you help your child become fluent with their times tables? Learning multiplication and memorising the times tables are building blocks for other maths topics taught in school: division, long multiplication, fractions and algebra. Through knowing their times tables, children will start to notice patterns and will then be able to apply this knowledge to more advanced work. As an example, knowing that 2 x 3 = 6 will help children understand that 20 x 30 = 600, and 200 x 300 = 60,000. Being able to recognise these connections will, in turn, speed up their thinking processes and mental arithmetic.
- Monday: We will be working on mental calculations in maths. The Salus group will make their final visit this year to support our wellbeing. In the afternoon we will begin our Calendars for 2021. We hope you will be impressed with the results!
- Tuesday: Christmas lunch day so ALL pupils can wear a Christmas Jumper today (School clothes on the bottom half please). We will have lots of Christmas art activities today and we will plan our party games.
- Wednesday: We have our Christmas party followed by games today. Should be hilarious!
- Thursday: We will complete our Christmas activities followed by watching a streamed virtual panto.
- Friday: We will have our final Zoom assembly of the year and play games and get into the Christmas Spirit!
- There is no spelling homework but it would be great if the children could continue to read and learn their times tables.
Please keep note of any reading at home as this will help towards getting a reading award.
We wish you all a safe happy Christmas and New year. The children have coped remarkably well returning to school with the coronavirus challenges they have faced. They are all ready for a very well-deserved rest. Well done Churchill Class.