Shakespeare Class: This Week’s Learning
07.12.2020: Reminders for the week ahead
- This week we will be filming our nativity on Monday and possibly Tuesday. Children should wear their costumes to school.
- PE is on Monday and Tuesday. Wellbeing is on Thursday.
- Spelling and times tables tests will be on Wednesday. This week is the twelve times table
There are no after school clubs this term. Should you need to use Earlybirds club you must pre-book.
This week’s learning
In maths, we will be calculating area and perimeter. We will also complete our weekly arithmetic paper.
In English, we will be continuing with Letters From the Lighthouse. Our Big Write is to write a letter home from the Front Line describing the Christmas Truce
In GPS, we will be revising what we have learnt this term.
In science we will be completing our investigation into materials and the transfer of sound energy.
In topic, we will be learning about the events leading to the end of World War Two.
In PE we are playing hockey and tag rugby.
In RE we are analysing Christmas Carols.
In French we will be learning how to say how we are feeling.
In computing, we will be continuing our unit on Spreadsheets.
Year 5 weekly homework tasks (Set on Friday, tests on the following Wednesday)
- Maths Test
- Learn spellings and write 10 spelling sentences.
- Learn weekly times tables.
- Reading comprehension
Please upload your child’s spelling sentences on Class Dojo – either as a Portfolio post or a message to me. Likewise when your child has completed ten reads. Thank you.