Pankhurst Class: This week’s learning
14.06.21: Reminders for the week ahead
- Our PE days are Monday and Thursday. Children should wear PE kit to school on these days. PE lessons will take place outside. School uniform should be worn on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Homework is due in on Wednesday
- School dinners are available. If your child has a packed lunch, please ensure this is in a disposable container where possible.
- Our timings for the day are 8:45- 9:00 arrival and 3:10 collection. Children should enter through the door by the main school office.
- It is extremely hot, please make sure your child has a hat and water bottle in school.
- INSET Day is on Friday this week.
This week’s learning
Maths: We will be learning read and write coordinates on a grid.
English: We will continue reading our focus text ‘Quest’ by Aaron Becker. We will write newspaper articles based on the events so far.
GPS: We will learn about common homophones and ensure we are using the correct ones in our writing.
Topic: We will use atlases to locate famous mountains in the UK.
RE: We will be learning about the bible and its significance in Christianity.
PSHE: We will discuss the importance of friendship and learn how to resolve conflicts.
Art: We will use a range of materials to create a collage picture of a mountain.
PE: We be learning the correct technique when throwing a javelin in preparation for sports day.
French: We will be learning how to say common fruit and vegetables in French.
Music: We will be learning our PSHE ‘relationships’ song. We will learn how to sing in round.
Science: We will be learning about teeth. We will learn the names of our teeth and begin to have an understanding on the roles different teeth in our mouths.
Computing: We learn some key features of PowerPoint (inserting slide, text box and pictures)