Pankhurst Class: This week’s learning
8.3.21: Reminders for the week ahead
• PE on Monday and Thursday – children should wear their PE kits to school these days.
• Forest School on Tuesdays – children should bring wellies and a change of home clothes. Be prepared for mud and cold.
• No homework for the remainder of this term. Students should still read regularly at home.
• Reading records to be kept at home, remember to send me a message once students have read 10 days in a row so students can receive their next reading award. Well done to those who have already earned reading awards.
• We are doing the Mile a Day, handwriting and reading daily this term.
This week’s learning
This week we are putting a focus on two main things – welcoming back to school and wellbeing, and assessing where the students current are, after being out of school for so long.
Monday: As well as PE with Mr Digby, we are going to do some welcome back to school activities, taking part in a virtual Lambing Live! We are also going to create some art to go on display in the classroom.
Tuesday: Forest School! Half the class in the morning, half in the afternoon, will be down the woods with Ms Abel, Mr Pickford and Mr Digby. For the other half of the day the children will be completing a maths assessment, and doing music with Ms Boriani.
Wednesday: Today students will do some maths, looking at the four main operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.) We are going to complete a Big Write to assess writing skills, do some RE in the afternoon, thinking about food in different cultures, and science, where we are still looking at materials.
Thursday: English focused day today, we will assess students reading and spelling attainment to see what we need to work on in coming weeks. We will also have PE with Mr Digby.
Friday: For our final assessment we will look at students grammar and punctuation. We will also have a special ‘Vet School’ virtual lesson, complete some lovely art, and celebrate our first week back with a celebration assembly and some 20:20