25.03.19: Reminders for the week ahead
Shakespeare Class trip to Rewind at Hawkhurst Baptist Church on Thursday morning. Children will be back in time for lunch.
• Homework, spelling and 6 times tables set on Friday 22nd March . Due on Wednesday 27th March
• Our topic this term is The Tudors.
• We will have PE on Monday and Thursday – weather permitting this will be outside: jogging bottoms and sweatshirts are advisable.
This week’s learning:
In Maths, we will continue to focus on reading and understanding tables. We will also be completing an arithmetic and reasoning test
In English, we will be writing spell poems. We will also be completing a reading assessment
Our spellings this week will have a focus on the suffix -ify. We will be completing a spelling and grammar assessment.
In Topic we will be researching a chosen area of Tudor life.
In French, we will be learning how to talk about where we live
In PE, we will focus upon hockey skills
In RE, we will be learning about Buddhist ideas about forgiveness.
In art we will be creating a Tudor portrait of a peer
In Music we will be listening to songs about feeling Happy.
- Learn spellings, including at least five spelling sentences
- Complete reading comprehension
- Complete next section of maths homework book