Churchill Class: This week’s learning
24.09.18: Reminders for the week ahead
- PE on Monday and Thursday (Please make sure PE kit is in school)
- Homework, spelling test and times table test on Tuesday afternoon
- Forest School on Wednesday: all children must come to school in their forest school clothes. (Sophie, Alfred, Elsa, Oscar, Scarlet, Ella, Mollie, Darcy, Amelia, Lexy and Thomas, will all be visiting the woods in the morning session. Therefore, these children will need to bring their school uniform and school shoes to change into at lunchtime in case they get wet/muddy in the woods)
- Harvest Festival Assembly 09:00 Friday: Parents Welcome
- Harry Potter workshop Friday afternoon (those children selected will receive a letter about this).
This week’s learning
In Maths, we will solve addition and subtraction multi step problems in contexts, deciding which operations and methods to use and why.
In English, we will continue to read and discuss our class text “Holes”. We will write an informal letter home to Mum from Stanley.
In GPS, we will continue to use a colon to introduce a list and consider the difference between a colon and a semi colon.
In Science, we will present the results from last week’s shadow investigation as a graph and write an explanation.
In Topic, we will research and learn about the characteristics of Mayan Gods.
In RE, we will retell the Judeo-Christian story of creation.
In Music, we will continue to recognise the style indicators of Michael Jackson’s music.
In French, we will ask the question, “What the weather is like today?”
In Art, we will design Christmas cards for publishing.
In PHSE, we will think about rights and responsibilities in the school; the need for rules in society and why we have the rules we do in school.
In Computing, we will continue to create our own Mayan animation.
In PE, we will begin to learn our Mayan dance. In tag rugby, we will think about how we travel with and without the ball through drills and small-sided games.
Year 6 weekly homework tasks (Set on Tuesday, due on the following Tuesday).
- 1 x GPS Sats buster test
- 1 x Maths Sats buster test
- 1 x Reading Sats buster test
- Learn spellings
- Learn weekly times table