Potter Class: This week’s learning
17.09.18: Reminders for the week ahead:
• Little Potters are in class full time this week
• PE on Tuesday (Little Potters & Big Potters) and Wednesday (Big Potters ONLY) (Please make sure PE kit is in school).
• Homework needs to be handed in by Wednesday.( Big Potters only)
• Spelling test will take place on Wednesday.
• Summer Reading celebration during Friday’s assembly: please bring in medals and certificates.
This week’s learning:
In Maths we will be making 5 and 6.
In English will be looking at ‘Q Pootle 5’ by Nick Butterworth.
We will be making our own story maps, writing letters and an invitation.
In Science we will be comparing the suitability of different everyday materials.
In Topic we will be finding out about the first moon landing.
In RE we will be explaining why harvest is important to Christians.
In Art we will using charcoal to draw fruit.
In PHSE children will be identifying different feelings people might have.
In PE Mr Digby will be teaching children different types of rolls in Gymnastics on Tuesday. On Wednesday with Miss Weeks children will be developing balance, agility and co-ordination in Ball Skills.
In Computing pupils will be learning how to safely turn on and turn off a computer.
In Music pupils will continue to recognise the basic style indicators of South African music through a second song.
BIG Potter weekly homework tasks (Set on Friday, due on the following Wednesday):
• 1 x page of maths book
• X 1 Spelling sentences
• Daily reading
• Learn spellings
LITTLE Potter home tasks