Nightingale Class: This week’s learning
15.10.18 – Reminders for the week.
- PE on Tuesday and Wednesday (Please make sure PE kit is in school).
- Homework needs to be handed in by Wednesday.
- Forest school starts this Wednesday so make sure children are suitably dressed/have suitable clothing for going to the woods.
- Spelling test will take place on a Thursday this week but will move to a Tuesday after half term due to Forest school.
- Please book parent consultation appointments online (As per the email) as they are the first week we get back!
- We break up for half term Friday. Please note the week we return there is an inset day on the Monday. (29th October)
This Weeks Learning:
In Maths we will be practising our number bonds to 10 and 20.
In English will be finding out facts about space to make our own information texts.
In Science we will be finding out about the importance of recycling plastic and the effect it is having on our environment.
In Topic we will be evaluating how the ‘space race’ was such a significant event and how it has shaped the future for space travel.
In RE we will be thinking about the message in the story ‘The Boy Who Threw Stones at Trees’. We will be generating thought son why we should look after trees in our environment.
In Art we will be using a range of tools to paint Autumn tree pictures.
In PHSE children will work together to think of how we can make our classroom a safe place to learn.
In PE Mr Digby will be Rolls, jumps, balance and body shapes. We will be linking ideas from previous weeks and show this to the class. On Wednesday with Miss Weeks children will continue to choose, use and vary simple tactics in team games.
In Computing pupils will be using all the skills they have learnt this term to make 2D pictures.
In Music pupils will be listening to the South African song ‘Hlokoloza’. The children will be using instruments to perform the final song of this unit.
Nightingale weekly homework tasks (Set on Friday, due on the following Wednesday):
• 1 x page of maths book
• Spelling sentences
• Daily reading
• Learn spellings