Churchill Class: This week
11.02.19: Reminders for the week ahead
• Homework, spelling and timetables set on Friday 8th February. Due on Friday 15th February
• We will have PE on Monday – weather permitting this will be outside: jogging bottoms and sweatshirts are advisable.
• As part of our carousel, on a Thursday afternoon, we will be continuing with Art and PE.
This week’s learning
The mornings will continue to focus on assessing the children’s learning in Maths, Reading and Writing.
In Topic, we will be researching Henry VIII using a range of sources in order to produce a non chronological report about his life and achievements.
In French, we will continue to practise using the past tense and adjectives when describing a person.
In Science, we will be learning about acids and alkalis.
In PE, in gymnastics we will continue to work with a partner to develop a floor sequence.
In Art, we will continue to study the work of the Tudor artist, Giuseppe Arcrimboldo and create a portrait in his style.
In RE, we will continue to discuss and Freedom including nonviolent protest movements.
Year 6 weekly homework tasks (Set on Friday, due on the following Friday).
• 1 x GPS Sats buster test
• 1 x Maths Sats buster test
• 1 x Reading Sats buster test
• Learn spellings
• Learn mixed times table: Rock Stars Times Tables