Darwin Class: This week’s learning
17.09.18: Reminders for the week ahead:
• Homework, spelling test and times table test on Wednesday morning
• PE on Thursday and Friday (Please make sure PE kit is in school)
• Show and Tell and Golden Time on Friday so don’t forget to bring things in for both.
• Summer Reading celebration during Friday’s assembly: please bring in medals and certificates if you have not done so already
• Pirate stories for literacy festival competition due in on Friday
• Mobile library visit on Friday: please have library cards in school
This week’s learning:
In Maths, we will be continuing with rounding numbers to the nearest 10 and 100. Moving on to working out 10 more or less and 100 more or less. We will also start to look at how to work out word problems.
In English, we will be looking at acrostic poems and writing our own Harvest acrostic poems.
In GPS, we will be looking at adverbs and identifying these in texts, coming up with adverbs of our own to add to sentences.
In Science, we will investigate how shadows are formed. Predicting and measuring the shadows formed by different objects.
In Topic, we will look at the various ancient Maya cities and where they were located.
In RE, we will be learning about the beliefs of the Hindu religion and looking at the different Gods they worship.
In Music, we will continue to recognise the style indicators of Michael Jackson’s music
In French, we will continue our introduction to French.
In Art, we will continue to use our designs to create our own Mayan masks.
In PHSE, we will think about what it means to belong.
In Computing, we will continue designing our animations by designing our story boards.
In PE, we will begin to learn our Mayan dance. In tag rugby, we will continue our ball familiarisation skills through drills and small-sided games.
Year 3 weekly homework tasks (Set on Friday, due on the following Wednesday):
• Learn spellings
• At least 5 spelling sentences
• 1 x section of Scofield and Simms maths workbook
• Practice times table