Darwin Class: This week’s learning
24.06.19: Reminders for the week ahead:
• Swimming on Monday afternoon, please remember swimming kit.
• Carousel afternoons are now Tuesday afternoons wks 1-3 will be music and computing wks 4-6 will be P.E and Art.
• Welly Walk in on Friday, please remember your packed lunch.
• Golden Time on Friday so remember your Golden Time toys.
This week’s learning:
In Maths, we will be continuing to learn about time and we will be learning and about reading analogue and digital clocks. Learning about the 24 hour clock and the terms am and pm.
In English, we will be creating a persuasive advert about our plastic removal machines.
In Topic, we will be learning about the ocean and the effects plastic is having on it. We will be building our own machine to remove plastic from the oceans.
In Art, we will be making insect shadow puppets then perform a show behind our shadow puppet theatre.
In PE, we will be learning Kwik Cricket and multi skills.
In Science, we will be learning about the life processes of some animals and the affects ageing has on the skin. We will be learning about what an independent and dependent variable is.
Year 3 weekly homework tasks (Set on Friday, due on the following Wednesday):
• Learn spellings
• At least 5 spelling sentences
• 1 x section of Scofield and Simms maths workbook
• Practice times table