Darwin Class: This week’s learning
15.10.18: Reminders for the week ahead:
• Homework, spelling test and times table test on Wednesday morning
• PE on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Please make sure PE kit is in school)
• Show and Tell and Golden Time on Friday so don’t forget to bring things in for both.
• Mobile Library on Friday, please remember library cards.
This week’s learning:
In Maths, we will continue to use the column method to solve subtractions involving 3 digit numbers.
In English, we will be working on our comprehension skills and answering questions on the latest chapter of The Chocolate Tree.
In GPS, we will be looking at homophones and words with the ‘ur’ sound spelt ‘ear’.
In Science, we will use our knowledge of shadows and materials to create a shadow puppet show.
In Topic, we will be learning about the Maya number system.
In RE, we will be creating Holi festival pictures.
In Music, we will continue to recognise the style indicators of Michael Jackson’s music.
In French, we will begin to learn the months of the year.
In Art, we will be continuing our Maya inspired art.
In PHSE, we will be learning about rights and responsibilities.
In Computing, we will continue to construct our animations.
In PE, we will continue to learn our Mayan dance. In tag rugby, we will continue our ball familiarisation skills through drills and small-sided games.
Year 3 weekly homework tasks (Set on Friday, due on the following Wednesday):
• Learn spellings
• At least 5 spelling sentences
• 1 x section of Scofield and Simms maths workbook
• Practice times table