The aims can be expressed in the following ways:
- To develop the child’s competence and understanding in all areas of the curriculum.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum, differentiated to suit the needs of the individual in line with Primary Curriculum requirements.
- To create a caring atmosphere where every child feels he or she plays an important part.
- To develop lively minds with a positive attitude towards learning.
- To develop the strengths and identify the weaknesses of each child, thus promoting a feeling of confidence and worth so that each child is happy to learn from failures as well as successes.
- To increase each child’s awareness of the world around them and to feel part of an extended community.
- To help each child develop sound personal, spiritual and moral values and to foster respect for those with different religions and beliefs.
- To encourage consideration and respect for each other and to value one another’s opinion.